Monday 26 January 2009

Just a couple of things need your signature... (FUN PAGE 2)

(originally posted on myspace here)


And what's this?

Photobucket

And this?

Photobucket

Really what the hell have I written in my diary?

Does that say "Laurence"?... "Razzy that worry"?... Oh hang on I might know what it is. Great. Anyway, thanks to Tom for pointing out I'd given away the answer to Thursday's mystery picture by actually naming it. I've changed the name now. And I'm not going to tell you what it is.
Looks fun though, doesn't it? Oh maybe THAT's what I'm doing Saturday.

Also Tom thanks for directing me here following Wednesday's postscripted ID despondihuff ("I am I. D. Despondihuff. I kill ghosts.") Any of you who aren't Tom might also want to give it a look: You see tomorrow sees the second reading in Parliament of a bill allowing all manner of information and stuff to be sort of moved around a lot um badly in a way that's, uhhhh, oh, just not on. So what better opportunity to see whether or not Government policy is actually formed by people who write to their MPs (a theory I'm keen on) by writing to your MP? None, that's what better opportunity.

Except possibly this which I was forwarded the same day, concerning the compulsory fitting of INSTRUMENT-EXPLODING NOISE-CONTROL DEVICES. It's alright I don't plan on making a habit of this political activism but I mean just listen, it sounds like an end to fun: "The government wishes to consider it a legal requirement in the new tax year to introduce laws insisting anyone applying or re-applying for an entertainment license must have a noise control device fitted to the venue. This will be the final NAIL for ALL entertainment in the UK as the level at which these devices CUT you off is dreadfully low and damaging to musician's equipment. In the case of live music this isn't so much to do with volume as the ability to play a proper concert without constant interruption. Any venue that has one in use cannot have any electric music as the power is constantly being cut mid-song and even loud applause at the end of a song can cut it. This piece of legislation is being brought in to bring discos into line but will mistakenly be applied to live music venues. PLEASE DO NOT INTRODUCE THIS LAW, WE LOVE LIVE MUSIC!"

Yes we do. I heard some last night. It was very good. That's all. So, see you Wednesday then.

No comments:

Post a Comment