Saturday 27 September 2008

SOMEONE WHO PLAYS THE PIANO- Day 6

Second Thursday. Female. Relationship Status: Confusion.

"Confusion?"
"Yes."
"Care to clear up this confusion?"
"We're going in parallel lines. They will never meet."
"Straight lines."
"Yes. Straight if you look from above. But from the side, up and down."
"But never in and out."
"No. That would just be being stupid. That's just wavering."
"You'd have more chance of meeting though. If I were to draw -"

Photobucket

"No."
"Okay... I'm going to show you some pictures. I want you to stop me if you see anyone you recognize."

Photobucket

"No."

Photobucket

"No."

Photobucket

"No."

Photobucket

"Yes. Him."
"Who is he?"
"That's my father."
"What's his name?"
"Nothing. He doesn't have a name."
"What's he doing here?"
"Surviving. It looks like he's trying to survive I think."
"Is that why he has a gun?"
"No. It's why he has all the lines."
"Cables?"
"Yes."

"Do you play the piano?"
"Badly."
"Please..."



"Thank you... Is there anything else you want to say to me?"
"Yes. Have you ever been interviewed like this?"
"Like this? No."
"Have you ever been in prison?"
"No."
"I have."
"You have."
"I have been questioned like this and I have been put in prison."
"Where?"
"Iran."
"When?"
"When I lived in Iran. Exactly like this and they put me in prison for one day."
"Why for one day?"
"Because of my father."
"Your father?"
"He is well connected."

Photobucket

"What's it like in Iran?"
"Everyone's very happy."
"Really?"
"Yes."
"You weren't."
"No. But if you don't care you don't notice."
"Did you not have friends who weren't happy?"
"Yes. In prison."
"... So what did I get wrong?"
"Nothing! You did it perfectly."
"What was I doing right?"
"You were nice..."

"Oh, and it's called Golden Dream."
"What?"
"What I played."

Which is how I found it. Thank you. 
 
 

(originally posted on myspace)

No comments:

Post a Comment